Five reasons to try it
“It smells like someone painted an entire car in your bathroom”
I found this comment on the Internet and it was about a bathtub that was refinished by spraying resin based paint on it. The comparison was very accurate – this process is very smelly and toxic….
Liquid Tub Liner is opposite of the product mentioned above. It has undeniable advantage over the other bathtub refinishing products available on the North American market.
I would call this product the best solution for bathtub restoration and I have five reasons to do so.
LIQUID TUB LINER DOES NOT SMELL (almost zero VOC)
Of course, there are some other refinishing products with low VOC available on North American market, but most of them don’t last long and peel off in a couple months - maximum a year.
Products with a good lifetime are usually toxic, smelly and flammable.
Spraying toxic and smelly product in a residential environment you can encounter situations which are impossible to foresee. In 2011 I worked in a condo apartment with only one bathroom. There were two children 8-10 years old. Both kids needed to use the bathroom right after I sprayed it with primer. It put me in a tricky situation: I could not refuse little kids to use a bathroom when they desperately needed it, but I could not let them go in a bathroom full of highly toxic vapor. And only way to stay in there is to wear heavy duty respirator…No comments...
If a refinishing technician wears protective respirator, goggles and uses heavy duty ventilation system to run fume out, then customers are left unprotected and are forced to breathe toxic vapor for hours after the tub is done.
DO NOT FORGET about refinishers themselves. A technician takes a dose of toxins every day and it doesn’t matter how careful and accurate he is: sometimes he forgets to change respirator cartridges in time, sometimes he takes the respirator of too close to the tub. Most of them do not wear goggles or full face respirator (it is hard to see through it) and have their eyes unprotected. I know that feeling of desperately sore eyes while spraying a tub.
Spraying highly toxic paint in residential properties is always a risk for health of customers and technicians. Also it is a risk for the company to be sued by clients or technicians if their health damage is considerable.
Using Liquid Tub Liners product you will:
- distinguish yourself from other companies which use old and smelly spray method
- expand your client base by servicing places where strong odor is absolutely unacceptable like retirement homes, churches, expensive condominiums
- not have a problem with ventilation- no needs for cumbersome ventilation pipes and exhaust pumps, no needs to open windows and doors to run your ventilation pipes out (which is especially important at cold time of the year). Also sometimes it is impossible or very problematic to run the ventilation properly. In such cases I refuse to work in there.
Using Bath Tub Liners you would not need to feel sorry for your customers for that terrible (and toxic) smell you brought to their place of living. You would not need to apologize to them and explain it is the only way to refinish a bathtub and almost all companies use the same one.
NO SPRAYING FOR THAT PRODUCT
It is applied by simple pouring on top edges and walls of the bathtub.
And that means:
- You don’t have to be professionally skilled in spraying trade. Spraying paint is difficult procedure and requires many years of experience. Spraying bathtubs is even more difficult than spraying cars. Even after 3- 4 years of spraying bathtubs here is still some possibility to make runs, miss some spots and etc.
- No masking and taping – no time consuming for it, no expenses for masking tape, paper, etc.
- No dust and no risk of overspray on the floor, walls and bathroom furniture.
- No problems with narrow and practically inaccessible places where a toilet or cabinet are installed very close to the bathtub and spray gun, even without a paint cup, doesn't fit in there: like here... / or here...
- No problems with a rough spots- If you spray a tub, it is practically impossible to make a smooth and glossy finish on the whole surface of the tub- it does not matter how many years of spraying experience you have. Only way to make top coat ideally smooth and glossy is to buff it next day. Liquid Tub Liner gives perfect and smooth high gloss finish. Working with it, you wouldn’t have any customers complain about rough spots on the tub.
- No need for expensive equipment – ventilation system ($150-$200), HVLP compressor ($500-$1000), spray gun ($200-$300) end etc. No expenses for its maintenance and repair.
- No risk of fire explosion. Most bathtub refinishing products are very combustible.
COAT THICKNESS OF LIQUID TUB LINER IS 1/16 INCH
Sometimes bathtub enamel is damaged hard. It is a typical problem of most cast iron tubs. The bottom and sometimes walls of such tub are very rough with many chipped, scratched or worn areas. Traditional (spraying, brushing or rolling) methods require that all imperfections must be patched first with some filler such as car body filler or fast setting two component resin. See the pictures below.
This is a time consuming procedure and sometime one coat is not enough. Also thin layer of sprayed (brushed or rolled) paint does not stay well on the surface prepared by above way. On the picture below you can see paint at the bottom of the bathtub is peeled completely just because the bottom fo the bathtub was patched with red car body filler.
Liquid Tub Liner requires no patching on the horizontal surfaces of the bathtub and may be a little bit on the wall
LIQUID TUB LINER LAST LONGER
It has a similar formula and is based on the same epoxy resin. Industrial epoxy floors lasts many years in toughest conditions – cars and other machines run over, workers walk in heavy duty (sometimes iron shod) boots and etc. Epoxy floors easily withstand an impact of women’s heel where pressure can be up to 1000 pounds per square inch.
And now the same product is used for bathtub restoration purpose. But nobody wears heels or heavy duty boots in the bathtub.
That is why the estimated lifetime of Liquid Tub Liner is more that 10 years.
EASY TO APPLY - NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED
The application method is very simple that it can be done practically by anyone. It is very simple to learn how to work with Liquid Tub Liner - just watch the video entirely without taking any actions and then follow it step by step from the beginning.
That is why:
- You can start your own refinishing business and work full or part time for yourself and be your own boss. Even more: we offer a ready to use entrepreneurship model you can follow to run a bathtub refinishing business (truly RUN a business - without working physically) by just managing refinishing technicians or even companies. ( see Start Your Own Business page on the website).
- If you are in construction or handyman service field you can improve your business by adding new type of service for customers.
- You can expand your bathtub refinishing business by recruiting and teaching people without having a risk of quality loss in your service. Also you can save some money on wages because of lower qualification requirement level.
Try our wonderful product. One set does not cost enough money to be afraid to risk it.
I am very sure that if you try it once You’ll never come back to the old and smelly method.
My best regards
Bathtub refinisher since 2002 in Chicago IL and Toronto ON